Whether or not to have children. It’s a significant choice for anyone to make, so here’s my reasoning:
- There are many kids already lacking a decent upbringing.
- I don’t feel any particular selfish attachment to having my own genetic offspring running about, and I think it is perfectly possible to love another’s biological child as a son or daughter.
- I believe that there can be more to life than breeding.
- I’d be content to establish a social institution doing good works as my ‘child’.
- I can be a good role model to others without having my own children – I can even be more of a father figure than some biological dads out there.
- We are not in a situation where society is desperate for more children.
- Babies are not cute. I think that myth is some hormonal trickery at work!
- I disagree that having a child is the epitome of mutual love.
I don’t want my own kids. Alternatively, adoption or fostering could work.